No longer accepting fax submissions for record requests and appeals starting March 4
Updated: March 7, 2019
Clarification: This change does not apply to medical authorization appeals or authorization requests for information. Please follow your normal process.
As of March 4, 2019, Priority Health will no longer accept fax submissions for record requests and appeals. This documentation should be submitted online through our provider portal. If you submit via fax the request will not be processed.
If you receive a claim denial that requests medical records, or you have a need to submit an appeal, submit through our provider portal by following these steps:
- Log in to your Priority Health provider account.
- Go to your Priority Health Secure Mailbox.
- Select "compose a message."
- For the "To" address, choose "Medical Record Submission" or "Appeals" from the drop-down list. Reference the original claim number or inquiry number (if available).
- Attach the medical records or appeal form to your message.
If you're unsure of how to use your secure mailbox, see use your secure mailbox for additional information.
On April 1, the existing fax number (for medical record request and appeal submissions) will no longer be monitored, and any faxes sent to it will not be processed.