Notice of privacy practices
Our commitment to you
Priority Health understands the importance of handling personal health information with care. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our members' health information in every setting. State and federal laws require us to make sure that your health information is kept private.
When you enroll with Priority Health or use services provided by one of the Priority Health plans, your personal health information may be released to Priority Health and by Priority Health. This information is used and disclosed to coordinate and oversee your medical treatment, pay your medical claims and assist in health care operations.
Federal law requires that we provide you with this Notice of Privacy Practices. This Notice states our legal duties and privacy practices regarding your protected health information. It also states your rights under these laws with respect to the use and disclosure of your health information. Priority Health is required by law to follow the terms of the Notice currently in effect.
Sections of this notice
- Use and disclosure of your health information for treatment, payment, and health care operations
- Other permitted or required uses and disclosures, including disclosures to health plan sponsors
- Other uses of health information - by authorization only
- Our policies and procedures
- Your rights regarding your health information
- Our responsibilities
- Changes to this notice
- Contact us
This Notice is effective Sept. 1, 2019
The term "Priority Health" refers to four corporations: "Priority Health Choice, Inc." (a Michigan non-profit corporation), "Priority Health" (a Michigan nonprofit corporation), "Priority Health Insurance Company" (a Michigan nonprofit corporation) and "Priority Health Managed Benefits, Inc." (a Michigan business corporation).
Priority Health is a registered trademark and is used by the permission of the owner.
Priority Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Notice of Privacy Practices, Priority Health Choice, Inc.* *Applies to Healthy Michigan Plan, Medicaid and MIChild plan members