Protecting your privacy
Priority Health protects the privacy, confidentiality and security of your information online. In general, this means:
Your personal information is safe.
We will not sell or share your email address, phone number, or any other information about you without your permission. See "You can ask us to share your information," below, for details.
Your health information is safe.
If you are a member of one of our plans, we will not discuss your health with anyone online or over the phone unless you give us permission. (If we can figure out from circumstances that you don't object, we will share your health information with a family member.) See "You can ask us to share your information," below, for how you can give us permission.
Your business information is safe.
We protect information about your company, your employees, your health plan and your costs.
How we use the information we collect from our members
- Your MyHealth account registration collects information such as your name, date of birth, member ID number and other contract information. We use it to verify that you have access to the personal, health and billing information MyHealth displays.
- Our Secure Message form asks for your name, email address, phone number, mailing address and other information. We use it to reply to you when answering your questions or comments.
- Our Web Feedback form saves your email address IF you enter your email address in the form. We use it to reply to your questions and comments.
- Claims we get from doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other health care professionals to pay for your health care give us information about your health. We use this information:
- To track whether doctors are making sure you get all the preventive care you need.
- To let you know that you might be due for preventive care, such as a mammogram or cholesterol test.
- To see if you are having more than one health problem at a time and may need the help of a care manager.
- To show employers if conditions like diabetes are costing them more than average. This information is shared as a percentage of all employees ("20% have diabetes"), NOT as a list of individual employees ("Jane Doe and John Smith have diabetes").
- The Cost Estimator tool collects information about what health procedures you search for and what providers you choose. This lets us determine if you have earned a reward for choosing a lower-cost provider when we get a claim for one of the reward-eligible medical and surgical procedures.
Get the complete details of our privacy practices
You'll find all the details of how we protect your information in our Notice of Privacy Practices on this website.
You can ask us to share your information
As a Priority Health member, you can give us permission to discuss or provide information about your health, your plan and your billing and payments with people you name. You can also cancel that permission. Here's how.
To name someone who can act for you: You can give someone the power to make decisions for you and agree to medical expenses, pay bills on your behalf, and do everything you are able to do with your health and financial information. You use a Power of Attorney form or an Appointment of Representative form to give someone that power. Call Customer Service at the number on your membership card to let us know that you have appointed a representative or given a Power of Attorney to someone and learn how to send us a copy of the signed form.
To name someone who can see your information, but cannot act for you:
HIPAA Authorization (English or Spanish): Fill out this form to give us permission to share your health information, financial information or both with someone else. Mail, fax or email it to us.
HIPAA Authorization Form or Autorización para la divulgación de información personal
HIPAA Revocation (English or Spanish): Fill out this form to cancel a HIPAA authorization you signed. Mail, fax or email it to us.
Revocation of HIPAA Authorization form or Revocación de autorización para la divulgación de información personal
If you have any questions or complaints about our privacy practices, contact the Priority Health Compliance Department.
1231 East Beltline NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525