Michigan’s second largest health plan
Priority Health is a different kind of health insurance provider. Instead of focusing on processing claims, we focus on providing our community with quality care that’s accessible and affordable. As a non-profit health insurance company, we aim to give back to our members; that’s why we spend 90 cents of every dollar on our members’ health care.
Priority Health was founded by a group of physicians and hospitals, and more than 30 years later we’re still committed to their original vision of an insurance group that cares about the community and its members. Today, we're the second largest health plan in Michigan.
Commitment to care
Priority Health is dedicated to offering innovative tools and products that help our members receive the best care possible. Here are just a few ways we’re leading the industry:
- We’ve integrated prescription costs into our Cost Estimator tool, making us the only health plan in Michigan to provide one comprehensive experience for researching the cost and quality of procedures, services and prescriptions.
- Our Wellbeing Hub offers Michigan’s first health and wellbeing experience that is tailored to each member. The Wellbeing Hub offers the most effective personalized actions our members can take to improve their health—like weight loss and smoking cessation programs, nutrition and stress management tips, even ways to sleep better, achieve financial wellness or manage conditions like diabetes.
- We’re committed to providing our members with access to quality care when they need it, where they need it and at a price they can afford. We accomplish this through our extensive provider network. In fact, nearly 95 percent of the providers in the state of Michigan participate with Priority Health.
Improving health and lives in our community
Our mission is to improve the health of the communities we serve and by extension, the lives of our community members—because your health impacts every area of your life. Here are just a few ways we’re working to better the health of our communities:
- Our award-winning diabetes management program provides our members with free diabetes prevention classes. Participating members have seen incredible results, including increased activity levels and weight loss. Sign up now.
- Free medication reviews are offered through a statewide program in partnership with local pharmacies, including Walgreens, Meijer and Rite Aid. Members can have their prescriptions reviewed by a pharmacist to determine if there are any duplicates or interactions to be aware of. Not only does this ensure our members’ safety, it also saves them money each month. Learn more.
- To engage members of our surrounding communities, we launched our Priority Health Champions program. Open to anyone in Michigan, the Priority Health Champions program is a support network for active individuals looking to improve their health, share their stories and earn points toward free gear just by being healthy and active in their communities. Join the Champions.
- Community giving
- Service area
- Speakers Bureau
- For the media
- Compliance & Code of Excellence
Shop our plans
Individual & family plans
Medicare Advantage & Medigap
Including Healthy Michigan Plan, MIChild & Children's Special Health Care Services
Employer & employee
Plans for Michigan businesses
Not sure? View all plans