GuidingCare upgrade and new authorization guides are live
The GuidingCare authorization portal's upgrade work is complete. You can resume submitting your authorizations online.
Reminder: Request Peer Reviews online
Participating providers must now request Peer Reviews online* through GuidingCare rather than calling our phone line. The request process takes just a few minutes, right in GuidingCare.
*This online process doesn’t apply to:
- Medicare post-acute: Use of phone line to request Peer Reviews
- All other Medicare: Medical Peer Reviews not offered
- Behavioral health: Peer review process remains the same
New resource: Authorization guides
We’ve revamped the GuidingCare manual. Goodbye 250+ page PDF, hello simplified slate of guides where you can:
- Get clear, step-by-step instructions on how to complete their authorization requests, broken down by authorization type
- Access only the information you need, nothing you don’t
- Open the guides online, no downloading needed
- Bookmark the guides in your internet browser
- Know you'll always have the most up-to-date guide as we push updates to the existing URL
Where can you find the guides?
They’re available on our GuidingCare Resources webpage. To access them:
- Log into your prism account
- Click on the Authorizations menu item
- Click Request an Auth
- Click Auth request help page
- Click GuidingCare resources