Service and device auth request forms
General authorization forms
Medical prior authorization form – Updated 03/2018
Out-of-network providers: Use this to request prior authorization for medical services if there is no service-specific form
Providers outside of Michigan that do not participate with Priority Health: The Cigna PPO* Network is our preferred network for out-of-state coverage. Authorization requests sent to Priority Health for members with Cigna PPO* Network coverage will not be processed. Please refer to the members ID card for authorization instructions.
*The Cigna PPO Network refers to the health care providers (doctors, hospitals, specialists) contracted as part of the Cigna PPO Network for Shared Administration.
In-network providers: Use this form only if the services are not available in Auth Request (Clear Coverage™ and eviCore).
All providers: Use to request a pre-service organization determination when a Priority Health Medicare Advantage member is seeking services that may not be covered.
Out-of-state HMO/EPO request form – New 10/2018
Note: Should only be used for out of state requests for HMO/EPO members who reside in Michigan and have Cigna on the back of their membership ID card.
Service- or device-specific forms
- Advance care planning assessment form - Updated 12/2015
- Augmentative communication device - Medicaid only - Updated 01/2012
- Bilateral reduction mammoplasty - Updated 03/2015
- Bone Marrow/Peripheral Stem Cell or Other Blood Cell Transplant form - Updated 02/2016
- Breast and ovarian cancer screening by molecular testing (General genetic testing form) - Updated 05/2014
- Clinical trials prior authorization form - Updated 05/2015
See also the Advance care planning assessment form - Updated 12/2015
Must be completed and returned with the clinical trial authorization request for members with Stage IV cancer or other life-threatening condition.
- DME/P&O prior authorization form - Updated 04/2014
- Enteral nutrition therapy prior authorization form - Updated 6/2016
- General genetic testing - Updated 05/2014
Use this form for retrospective genetic testing. Most genetic labs are managed through eviCore.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) with or without biventricular pacing - Updated 2/2016
Priority Health commercial and Medicaid plan members must complete pre-surgical education for elective ICDs. Medicare patient completion is highly recommended. Register your patient using the link embedded in the prior authorization form and inform your patient of this requirement. See details.
- Next Generation Sequencing PA form
- Obstetrical Enrollment and Authorization Form Updated 04/2013
- Oxygen therapy and apnea monitors (Medicaid members under 21) - Updated 01/2012
- Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure (LAAC) - New 04/2016
- Solid Organ Transplant prior authorization form - Updated 11/2015
Behavioral health forms
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Therapy Authorization Request form - 01/2018
- Behavioral Health Outpatient Services Request Form - Updated 03/2018
- Medicaid Outpatient Continuing Treatment Request Form - 03/2018
- Behavioral Health Inpatient Authorization Form For pre-service, concurrent reviews, discharges, etc. - Updated 07/2016
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) for Depression Authorization Request - 03/2016
Other behavioral health forms
- Behavioral Health/Midlevel Practitioner Enrollment Form - 03/2015
Required supplement to the CAHQ online application for behavioral health provider credentialing
- Coordination of Care with PCP form - 04/2013
Use to provide information to the member's PCP and other specialists
- Home health care services PA form - Updated 11/2018
- Home health care IV infusion services PA form - Updated 08/2011
- Palliative care PA form - New 10/2011.
- TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) PA form - Updated 02/2015
- Telehealth services PA form - Updated 02/2015
Covered and non-covered services under your SNF contract
Always refer to your Priority Health contract to identify what services will be paid by Priority Health. This is particularly important as it will guide you in understanding if certain ancillary services are your responsibility.
Don't know what your contract covers? Contact your facility administrator for information. Your Priority Health Case Manager does not know the specifics of your contract.
Standard contracted services
All contracts include room, board, skilled services provided by the facility, and drugs. The Jimmo v Sebelius Settlement clarified CMS rules for skilled care and related documentation. See our Jimmo v Sebelius page for details and requirements for SNF education.
These services which may or may not be covered under your contract. Check your contract to determine if you are responsible for covering ancillary services such as transportation, dialysis, DME, chemotherapy, etc. If your contract covers these ancillary services, you are not responsible for paying the provider.
If your contract does not cover these ancillary services, you are responsible for paying the service provider. If you get a bill, direct the provider to submit the claim for reimbursement to Priority Health.
See our Ambulance services page for details on how Medicare and MAPD plans cover non-emergent transportation.
If you provide a service that requires prior authorization to an MA/MAPD plan member without first getting authorization, you can't send us an authorization request after the fact. You must submit a Request for payment. See Retrospective authorizations for details.
Appealing coverage for non-covered skilled nursing care
Should the MA/MAPD plan member appeal the termination decision, KEPRO, the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) for the state of Michigan, notifies Priority Health of the member's appeal. Priority Health - not the SNF - must then issue a CMS-10124 form, Detailed Explanation of Non-coverage (DENC).
No later than the close of business the day that it is notified of the member appeal, Priority Health must:
- Complete a CMS-10124 form, Detailed Explanation of Non-coverage (DENC), with specific and detailed information about why SNF services are ending.
- Send a copy of the form to the Michigan QIO, KEPRO.
- Issue the DENC form to the plan member.
A SNF may not appeal on behalf of a member unless the SNF is member's appointed representative; proof may be required by the QIO.
Required appeal information
Be sure to have designated weekend and evening staff responsible for completing required tasks for KEPRO.
Priority Health staff can assist you with questions for after-hours or weekend appeals. Call our on-call nurse at 800.259.1260.
The following information must be faxed to KEPRO:
- History and physical
- Physician orders
- Physician progress notes
- PT evaluation and progress notes
- OT evaluation and progress notes
- ST evaluation and progress notes
- Social service/DC planning notes
- Skilled nursing notes
- Wound care orders and flowsheets
- Face sheet
Fax due dates and times:
- During regular business week/hours: 5:00 p.m. on same day
- After business hours: Noon the next day
- Weekends: 3:00 p.m. Monday
- In-center and in-center split night sleep studies PA form* - Updated 03/2015
- CPAP Titration, PAP NAP or MSLT PA form - Updated 03/2015
Reflects changes to the Obstructive Sleep Apnea medical policy effective 02/26/15
- CPAP PA form (including BiPAP, DPAP, VPAP and AutoPAP) - Updated 03/2015
- STOP BANG questionnaire
- Acute Rehab/LTAC/SNF/SAR prior authorization/review form- Updated 11/2018
Use this form for Acute Rehab/LTAC/SNF/SAR admissions, reviews and discharges for all products
- Bone marrow/peripheral stem cell or other blood cell transplant - Updated 02/2016
- Solid organ transplant - Updated 02/2015