- A proven way to reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes by as much as 58% - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Led by certified lifestyle coaches
- An evidence-based lifestyle change program recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Free or a low copay to participate, depending on your health plan's preventive benefits*
Priority Health partners with leading health and community organizations throughout the year to provide our members access to the National Diabetes Prevention Program for a low or no cost to them.
What's the goal?
To prevent diabetes, you need to make changes. This program can help you achieve two important goals:
- Increase your physical activity to at least 150 minutes each week
- Lose 5-7% of your starting weight
What's the time commitment?
- Meet once a week for an hour for 16 weeks
- Then meet monthly for an hour for six months
Who leads the program?
A certified lifestyle coach helps you and your group:
- Share ideas
- Overcome obstacles
- Support each other
- Stay motivated
What will we talk about?
Get ideas and motivation to:
- Eat healthy and track your food intake
- Overcome stress and learn coping skills
- Increase your physical activity
Who should join?
Enroll in this free program if you're:
- A Priority Health member
- Age 18 or older
And if you've been diagnosed with pre-diabetes and have:
- A BMI over 24
- Fasting blood sugar between 100-125 mg/dl
- A1c between 5.7% and 6.4%
- Two-hour blood sugar between 140-199 mg/dl
Or if you're at risk for developing diabetes and have:
- A BMI over 24
- A family history of type 2 (adult onset) diabetes
- High blood pressure
- A sedentary lifestyle - physically active less than three times a week
- Had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes)
*Free to most members of Priority Health group, MyPriority, and Medicare plans. Some employer groups may apply a small copay. Call Customer Service at the number on the back of your member ID card to find out if a copay applies under your employer's plan.