Get your reward: HRA and lead screenings
As a Priority Health Choice member, you can receive a reward for completing your health risk assessment (HRA) each year and when your child has a lead screening before age 2. It’s our way of thanking you for getting the care you and your family need to stay healthy.
Get rewarded for completing your HRA
If you’re a Healthy Michigan Plan member, you can earn an incentive and keep your coverage by following these simple steps each year. New members should complete these steps within their first 150 days to receive an incentive, and annually each following year.
- Complete the Health Risk Assessment form (Sections 1-3) as best you can, including selecting a healthy behavior. You can find this form at www.Michigan.gov/mdhhs, search “Health Risk Assessment form”.
- Call your primary care doctor’s office to schedule your annual checkup and take the Health Risk Assessment form with you when you go.
- Your primary care doctor will complete Section 4 of your HRA and send your results to Priority Health. Once your doctor completes this form and sends it to us, you will receive a $50.00 gift card or discount on your health plan costs (cost sharing), depending on your income level.
If you have any questions or would like the form mailed to you, please contact Customer Service.
Get $10 for a lead poisoning screening
Exposure to lead is a serious health threat. In Michigan, the #1 cause of lead poisoning is lead paint. It is found in painted surfaces like windows, cupboards and doors of homes built before 1978. Children can get lead dust from their hands into their mouths. Lead can also be found in the soil and drinking water if supplied by lead pipes. Even a small amount of lead can cause learning, hearing and behavioral problems. Kids with lead poisoning may not look or act sick. Only a simple blood test can tell for sure and it’s included in your plan at no additional cost to you.
When to test kids for lead poisoning:
- Test children at 12 and 24 months old
Schedule and complete an appointment for a lead screening before your child’s second birthday and we will mail you a $10 prepaid Visa® card. Simply call your child’s doctor, schedule and go to the screening before your toddlers’ second birthday and we will mail you a $10 prepaid Visa® card.
- Test children ages 3–6 once a year
Continue this important screening as your children grow older to make sure they’re not being exposed to lead.
Call your doctor and schedule a free lead screening for your child today.