Find out what health care costs in advance
Would you drive five minutes to save $2,000?
Prices can vary widely for the same health care service, depending on the hospital or surgery center you choose. You could save a lot by shopping a little. But how do you comparison-shop for X-rays, surgeries and lab tests?
Cost Estimator: See what you'd pay today
The Priority Health Cost Estimator tool lets you look up what you'd pay out of your pocket for more than 300 health care procedures - X-rays, MRIs, lab tests, surgeries. You can see how your health care decisions will impact your bottom line.
It's easy. Just log in to your Priority Health account on this website and click "Check Cost Estimator." Then:
- Search for the procedure, like "knee arthroscopy."
- Choose a doctor and a facility - Cost Estimator shows you providers in your plan's network.
- Get a cost estimate based on your current deductible balance, your copays and your coinsurance.
- If the doctor/facility choice you make is on the high end, Cost Estimator will suggest less expensive options for you.
Go to the Cost Estimator now.
Want help using Cost Estimator?
Click the image to see a demo of how it works.
Healthcare Bluebook: Check costs and patient reviews
Priority Health members* have a customized online tool called Healthcare Bluebook. When you log in to your Priority Health account, you can search for X-rays, MRIs, lab tests and surgeries - more than 300 health care procedures, with more to come. Healthcare Bluebook lets you:
- Search by ZIP Code for health care services and the doctors and hospitals that offer those services.
- Get the range of prices charged by facilities - hospitals, surgery centers and more - in your plan's network, and what a "Fair Price" might be.
- See HealthGrades® patient reviews and quality ratings for doctors and hospitals.
Healthcare Bluebook now.
Want help using Healthcare Bluebook?
Click the YouTube video below to see it in action.
Download a Healthcare Bluebook user guide (1MB PDF)