Travel coverage for government programs
Priority Health Medicare plans
You can go to any health care providers (doctors, hospitals, medical supply companies) you like outside our Michigan network.
- Emergency or urgent care is always considered "in network."Emergency or urgent care, post-stabilization care, or dialysis that you receive outside our network will be considered in-network.
- You have a deductible for out-of-network services. You'll pay 100% of the cost of Medicare-covered medical services received outside our network until you have met your out-of-network deductible.
- Your copays may be slightly higher. After you meet the out-of-network deductible, you'll pay a copay for covered medical services you receive from out-of-network health care providers.
Medicaid or Healthy Michigan Plan
You're only covered for medical emergencies or urgent care outside of the service area if:
- You could not have expected to need the services before you left
- It would be hazardous to your health to wait for those services
Services outside of the United States are not covered.