Special Enrollment Period

What you need to know

You can generally only enroll in MyPriority® plans during open enrollment. After the Open Enrollment Period, you're locked into your health plan unless you've had a major life change or "qualifying life event" (like had a baby, got married or lost your health coverage). If you qualify, you may be able to change your health plan or buy a new one through a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). You have 60 days following a life event to change your plan or enroll for the first time.

To enroll in a new plan, you'll have to provide some required documents proving your status. Take a look at the list below to see if you qualify for SEP and how to prove it.

Qualifying life events & required documents

  • Exceptional Circumstance SEP (available 02/15 - 08/15/2021)
    No documentation needed
  • Marriage
    Marriage certificate
  • Birth of a child
    Birth certificate
  • Adoption
    Adoption papers or placement orders
  • Foster care placement
    Proof of placement
  • Guardianship
    Court order naming legal guardian
  • Moved to a different coverage area
    Proof of new address (new driver's license or rental/mortgage agreement)
  • Gained U.S. citizenship or qualified immigration status
    Copy of citizenship/immigration papers
  • COBRA coverage ending
    Notice from your COBRA administrator
  • Aging off a parent's plan
    Proof of date of birth, copy of driver's license or passport
  • Losing eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP
    Copy of letter from Medicaid or CHIP
  • Death
    Copy of death certificate

How to enroll during a Special Enrollment Period

Follow these steps:

  1. Find a plan and get pricing.
  2. Make sure you have required proof documents (see above).
  3. Enroll in your plan.

Questions? Call 833.979.3109

Compare plans & prices