Tax information for your FEHB plan

Beginning in 2016, most full-time Federal employees will receive two forms each year, the IRS Forms 1095-B and 1095-C, describing their health care coverage. Individuals who don't have coverage may have to pay the "individual shared responsibility" payment.

While you don't have to send in these forms or proof of coverage at the time you file your tax return, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) suggests you keep these documents and show them to your tax return preparer if asked.

Read more about these documents

Here are two "Fast Facts" from the IRS that explain more about these forms.

Health Care Coverage Forms for Federal Employees

Health Care Coverage Forms for Annuitants