Priority Health sends COVID-19 kits to Medicare members
(Grand Rapids, Mich. – Nov. 12, 2020) In response to the increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations across the state, Priority Health is mailing "Stay Well Kits" to its 170,000 Medicare members to help protect the most vulnerable population during the ongoing pandemic and flu season. The kits include Priority Health masks, reusable strip thermometers, a bandage dispenser and a deck of playing cards at no cost to the member.
"The health and safety of our Medicare members has always been a top priority, and the COVID-19 pandemic has made it even more important to stay connected with our members and provide things that help them stay healthy, both physically and mentally," said Tami Hibbitts, Vice President of Senior Markets at Priority Health. "We want our members to know that we care about them and are here to help them during these uncertain times."
Priority Health is sending Stay Well Kits as a surprise to its Medicare members because older adults are more at risk for severe symptoms from both COVID-19 and the flu. The company has already begun shipping the kits to its Medicare members.
To support all members throughout the pandemic, Priority Health has also previously announced the following coverage enhancements and support:
- $0 cost share coverage of medically necessary COVID-19 testing for all members through Dec. 31, 2020
- Providing free access for all members to myStrength, an online mental wellness tool
- Offering financial support to members and employers through premium credits
- Starting January 1, 2021, Priority Health is extending $0 virtual visits1 for primary care, specialists, and behavioral health, for all Priority Health Medicare Advantage members.
- Accelerating value-based payments and quality bonuses to offer physician and provider partners financial stability
Learn more about Priority Health and ongoing efforts surrounding COVID-19.
1Excluding the Vital plan, which has 20% coinsurance for virtual visits
About Priority Health:
With over 30 years in business, Priority Health is the second largest health plan in Michigan, offering an extensive portfolio of health benefits options for employer groups and individuals, including Medicare and Medicaid plans. Serving more than one million members each year and offering a broad network of primary care physicians in Michigan, Priority Health continues to be recognized as a leader for quality, customer service, transparency and product innovation. Learn more about affordable, quality health coverage options from Priority Health.