Check reissue requests
If we sent you a check and you have not received it, here's the process for requesting that we reissue it.
Notify us if you don't receive a check
If Filemart shows that we've issued you a check but you haven't received it in 30 days after the issue date listed, then notify us (see "Contacting us", below).
- We will trace the check
- Let you know when it was mailed
- Let you know if it was cashed, and if so, on what date, and at what bank.
If a check has not been cashed
If it has been 30 days since the issue date of the check, and you have not received the check we mailed, you can request that we stop payment on it and issue a new check by emailing or calling us at the contacts below.
Please ensure that the billing address we have on file is correct; it appears on the Remittance Advice we send you. To update your mailing or billing office address, use the Provider Change Form.
If a check has been cashed
If you do not recognize the endorsement on the check and it appears the check was cashed by someone not affiliated with your organization, let us know you want to open an investigation using the contacts below.
We will provide you with:
- A copy of the cashed check
- An affidavit form for you to complete, stating that you did not cash the check/receive the funds in question
- Download/print instructions on how to complete the affadivit and request that we recoup the funds from the bank that paid out the cash and reissue a check to you. View PDF
For individual items $500 or less, we will disperse the funds when the affidavit is filed and verified as received by the financial institution.
For individual items greater than $500, we'll issue a credit only when Priority Health receives credit for the disputed item in our bank account. It can take 90 days or more for us to receive credit for the funds in dispute.
Communicate with us about missing or wrongly cashed checks by:
- Status claims
- Claims Inquiry tool guide
- Edits Checker tool guide
- Claim deadlines
- Set up electronic payments
- BH provider billing
- Facility billing
- Mid-level provider billing
- Professional billing
More billing topics:
- ACA non-payment grace period
- ADA dental claim billing
- Balance billing
- Clinical edits
- Check reissue procedure
- COB: Coordination of benefits
- Correcting claims
- Correcting overpayments & underpayments
- Diagnosis coding
- Front-end rejections
- Gender-specific services
- Medicaid billing
- NDC numbers on drug claims
- Office-based procedures billing
- Risk adjustment
- Unlisted codes, drugs & supplies