Ambulatory surgery center billing
Freestanding ambulatory surgery centersIf you're a freestanding ambulatory surgery center (ASC), submit your claims using an HCFA 1500 form. This is the same process that's required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Use the HCFA 1500 form for all members, including commercial group and individual, Medicaid and Medicare.
Hospital-based ambulatory surgery centers
For ASCs owned by a hospital, submit claims on the UB form, not the HCFA 1500.
Not sure if you're freestanding or hospital-based?
It depends on how you're legally organized and contracted with us. If you have questions, call the Provider Helpline (login required).
- Status claims
- Claims Inquiry tool guide
- Edits Checker tool guide
- Claim deadlines
- Set up electronic payments
- BH provider billing
- Facility billing
- Advanced practice professional billing
- Professional billing
More billing topics:
- ACA non-payment grace period
- Ambulatory surgery center billing
- Balance billing
- Clinical edits
- Check reissue procedure
- COB: Coordination of benefits
- Correcting claims
- Correcting overpayments & underpayments
- Diagnosis coding
- Dual-eligible members
- Front-end rejections
- Gender-specific services
- Medicaid billing
- NDC numbers on drug claims
- Office-based procedures billing
- Risk adjustment
- Unlisted codes, drugs & supplies