Ambulatory surgery center billing

Freestanding ambulatory surgery centers

If you're a freestanding ambulatory surgery center (ASC), submit your claims using an HCFA 1500 form. This is the same process that's required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).

Use the HCFA 1500 form for all members, including commercial group and individual, Medicaid and Medicare.

Hospital-based ambulatory surgery centers

For ASCs owned by a hospital, submit claims on the UB form, not the HCFA 1500.

Not sure if you're freestanding or hospital-based?

It depends on how you're legally organized and contracted with us. If you have questions, call the Provider Helpline at 800.942.4765. provides more information on ASCs.