Provider contracts & agreements
By contracting with Priority Health, providers agree to abide by, comply with and participate in any and all policies and procedures of Priority Health and its plans.
- Once you are credentialed and your contracts have been executed, we’ll send you a notice welcoming you to the Priority Health network. This email will include your network effective date.
- The agreement extends for one-year periods and automatically renews for additional terms unless terminated.
Priority Health doesn't apply effective dates retroactively. You should not see Priority Health members who are seeking in-network care from Priority Health providers until you receive notice from us that your request for network participation is complete, along with a network effective date. If you see a Priority Health member before you receive a network effective date, you must inform the member that your services are out of network. Claims submitted to us before you receive a network effective date will be denied as “care available in plan.”
Cancellation or termination of physician contracts
All terms of cancellation, including how much notice is required, are in your contract.
Go to the process for notifying us when you retire, leave the area or otherwise terminate your participation with us.
- NPI numbers
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Physician status
- Open or close to new patients
- Availability standards
- Changes to address or staff
- Provider-patient relationship
- Medical & office records
- Medicaid patient treatment
- Medicare patient treatment
- Site visits
- Fraud, waste & abuse
- Utilization Management Program