Leaving the area, closing your practice, retiring, or otherwise terminating your contract
Notifying Priority Health
Priority Health requires written notice, 90 days in advance, if you are:
- Terminating a Priority Health participation agreement
- Retiring and/or closing your practice
Failure to give us 90 days' notice may result in claims denials or reassignment of members.
Requirements for terminating your contract
- Notify us in writing using the Provider information form
- The provider or the office manager must sign the notice
- The notice must give the reason for termination (ie, retiring, moving out of state)
- If you are a primary care physician, provide in writing the arrangement for transfer of members
Send us a copy of the letter you sent your patients and include:
- Information on where you would like your members transferred, if applicable
- A copy of the Provider information form you sent us, notifying us you were terminating your contract
Notify your patients
You must notify members in writing at least 30 days in advance that you are leaving the Priority Health network.
Physicians or groups who leave the Priority Health network will not be allowed to re-contract with the plan for 12 months, or until the next contract year, whichever is longer.