When it comes to your health coverage, be sure that you're getting the quality care you need with costs you can afford.
Like many people, you might have selected your health coverage with an eye to affordability. There's nothing wrong with that, especially at a time when we're all looking for ways to save money.
But the biggest expense–your monthly premium–is not the only indicator of how much your plan will really cost you month-to-month. Even if you're happy with your current plan, or perhaps you are shopping for a different plan, take a moment to review the list below and make sure these 5 items are included in your health coverage for 2023. Look for plans with:
- Low prescription copays. Even if you don 't have a lot of prescriptions, Rx costs can be a real budget buster. In fact, the average cost of prescription drugs in the U.S. is $1,300 per person, per year.* Of course that will vary depending on your own health conditions. Make sure your plan includes low copays with generic prescription options–the savings could be substantial.
- Resources for people with chronic conditions. Many people face the challenge of dealing with chronic health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or asthma. A recent study found that almost 60% of Americans live with at least one chronic health condition, which accounts for 40% of all health spending in the U.S.** Look for a health plan that includes coverage for common chronic conditions for $0 or a low, reliable cost that can save you a lot of money while managing a health condition.
- Virtual care, or telemedicine. There 's never a convenient time to get sick. That 's why having the convenience of 24/7 limited virtual care for non-emergencies is essential. If your plan doesn 't offer virtual care, find one that includes $0 virtual care copays, with on-demand video visits.
- A network that works for you. You want choices when it comes to your doctors, hospitals and specialists. Going "out of network" to find the care you want will usually cost you more. Look for a plan that gives you access to the health systems that provide quality care near you, and allows you to see specialists in that network without needing a referral. This saves you time, assures top-notch care, and will also help keep your costs low.
- Valuable plan extras. It's always nice to get more for your money. Your health plan should include plan extras at no added charge. A popular perk–and one that can play a key role in your health and wellness–is a discount gym membership. After all, you should be rewarded for maintaining your health. Some plans offer access to fitness centers for as little as $25 a month, which can save you hundreds of dollars per year.
Get a free quote
Shop our plans and see if you qualify for financial assistance.
Call now to talk to an enrollment specialist