Confidentiality of credentialing information
Policy #3237, Confidentiality
Author(s): Credentialing Committee
Last reviewed 12/2021
- Priority Health will exercise due care with practitioner/provider specific information by keeping all practitioner/provider files locked and in a secure area.
- Priority Health staff will not disclose practitioner/provider confidential or protected information to parties outside of the organization unless required by law, in which case Priority Health Legal Counsel will be involved.
- Direct access to practitioner/provider files is limited to Credentialing team members.
- Other Priority Health personnel who are members of the Credentialing Committee and Priority Health Legal Counsel will have access to practitioner/provider files via a Credentialing team member.
- All Priority Health employees sign a Confidentiality Statement upon employment.
- In addition, all Credentialing Committee members are required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
- Priority Health Credentialing department will maintain the complete file of all providers for a minimum of ten (10) years following termination from Priority Health. All provider files will be electronically stored or stored with Kent Records with a destroy date of ten (10) years.
Supporting documentation: Credentialing Overview Policy #2/0039/R6, NCQA Standard CR 1, Priority Health Confidentiality of Medical Information, Confidentiality Agreement with Third Parties