Behavioral health provider participation
We consider requests for participation based on our provider network needs. We regularly assess the adequacy of our behavioral health network and expand provider recruitment as needed.
We have a substantial behavioral health network in most service areas and specialties, as measured by member-to-provider ratios and regional availability. To further improve quality and increase access where needed, the recruitment of additional behavioral health providers is limited to the following areas of emphasis and need:
- Psychiatrists in all service areas, especially those with telehealth offerings
- Providers based in select counties in the Upper Peninsula (Chippewa, Delta, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Mackinac, Marquette, Menominee) and select northern counties in the Lower Peninsula (Alpena, Alcona, Benzie, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, Gladwin, Iosco, Manistee, Oscoda, Presque Isle)
- Accredited provider groups
If your practice meets one of these current needs, please submit a completed Provider Information form for each provider in your practice to PH-PELC@priorityhealth.com. If your practice is accredited by The Joint Commission, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) or the Council on Accreditation (COA), submit a single form under the name of the practice.
Unless you are joining an organization that has an existing Priority Health Provider Group Participation Agreement (see below), requests for participation not meeting these needs will not be considered and will not be retained for future consideration. Any changes in our network needs will be posted on this page of our website.
Are you joining a practice that has an existing group participation agreement with us?
You can be approved at this time for participation if you join a practice that has an existing group participation agreement with Priority Health that covers all practice providers, rather than separate agreements with the individual providers in the practice. Please submit a completed Provider Information form to PH-PELC@priorityhealth.com. In the "Description of request" section of the form, specify that you are joining a practice that has an existing group participation agreement. Our Credentialing and Provider Data Management department will confirm there is an existing group participation agreement with the practice you plan to join. They will also notify you if any additional information is needed to approve your participation request.
Licensure required for behavioral health provider credentialing:
- Licensed MD/DO Psychiatrist/Addictionologist
- Psychiatric Advanced Practice Professional (CNS, NP, PA)
- Licensed Psychologist
- Limited Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Master's Social Worker
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Behavior Analyst