Enrolling in a MPSERS plan
All new enrollment or plan changes can be completed online using miAccount on the Office of Retirement Services (ORS) website.
You can also submit an Insurance Enrollment/Change Request form directly to the ORS.
Have questions specific to enrollment?
- Visit the ORS website to learn more about enrollment
- Contact the ORS at 517.284.4400 (TTY 711) in the Lansing area or toll-free at 800.381.5111 (TTY 711).
What to expect when you enroll
- Your Priority Health coverage begins the first of the SECOND full month after you submit your enrollment request and all required proofs to the ORS.
Example: If you submit your enrollment request mid-May, coverage begins August 1.
- The ORS will make the enrollment changes in their system, and forward your enrollment request to Priority Health so that we can get you signed up. Once your enrollment is processed, Priority Health will mail new member ID cards and member materials to your home.
- You can enroll at any time during the year.
- Your dental coverage and vision coverage will not change if you enroll in Priority Health or switch medical coverage.
- Your monthly premium deduction from your pension is the same whether you choose Priority Health or Blue Cross Blue Shield.