Moving your practice
Priority Health requires written notice, 90 days in advance, if you are moving to a new location. Failure to give us 90 days' notice may result in claims denials or reassignment of members.
PCPs who move their locations less than 30 miles keep their members at their new location; see below. Members who don't want to go to the new location may then choose to change their PCP to someone at the previous location, or anywhere else.
Requirements when you are moving your practice
Notifying your patients: 30 days' notice
You must notify members in writing that you are moving at least 30 days in advance. Copy us on this letter (see below).
Notifying Priority Health: 90 days' notice
- You're contractually obligated to give us at least 90 days' notice prior to the effective date of the move.
- Notify us in writing of your new practice address and effective date using the Provider Change Form, below.
- If you are a primary care provider, provide in writing any arrangement for transfer of members.
- You as the provider or your office manager must sign the notice.
Once you have notified your patients that you are moving, send us a copy of the letter you sent, with a copy of the Provider Change Form you sent us for your 90-day notice.
If you are a PCP moving less than 30 miles, you determine whether or not to keep the members or have us reassign them.
A lapse in availability (see the office availability standards) will cause Priority Health to assign your patients elsewhere to ensure continuity of care.
Notify us of changes
To notify us of these changes, simply:
- Log into your prism account
- Navigate to Enrollments & Changes
- Select Change Individual Provider or Organization
- Follow the directions as indicated and use the Provider Change Form provided.