Behavioral health discharge process
To insure that members who are being discharged are receiving follow-up care and contacts in a timely manner:
- Complete the Priority Health discharge form, not the facility discharge form.
Discharge from Inpatient Treatment Form
- Send in the entire form, not just a summary of the information.
- If the member is discharged early and the facility will not be billing for all authorized dates of service, specify the date range and number of days used during the member's treatment.
- Fax the discharge information no more than 24 hours or 1 business day after the member exits the facility.
Discharge report questions include:
- Initial level of care:
- Step-down level of care:
- Facility information:
- Discharge date:
- Is the member on medication?
- Axis I diagnoses:
- Axis II diagnoses:
- Axis III diagnoses:
- Axis IV diagnoses:
- Axis V diagnoses:
- Medications; dosage and frequency:
- Was there an aftercare appointment set up within 7 days?
- Rationale for no aftercare appointment within 7 days:
- Member is member being discharged to: partial, intensive outpatient, or outpatient level of care?
- Aftercare appointments; provider/facility name(s), location, date(s), time(s):
- ADHD services
- Autism services
- Coordination of care
- Depression diagnosis and management
- Discharge process
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Medicaid behavioral health
- Mental health services
- Neuropsych/psychological exams, testing
- Psychological E&M of non-mental-health disorders
- Substance use disorder services
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation