Priority Health receives top ratings from State of Michigan for its Medicaid health plans
(Grand Rapids, Mich. – Nov. 15, 2022) Priority Health has received the highest possible quality rating from the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS) for its Michigan Medicaid health plans. Priority Health, a nationally recognized nonprofit health plan, offers several Medicaid plans for individuals and families in Michigan, including MIChild, Healthy Michigan Plan, and Children's Special Health Care Services (CSHCS).
“We are extremely honored to receive this top rating from the State of Michigan for our Medicaid plans,” said Praveen Thadani, president of Priority Health. “This is a direct reflection of the hard work that our teams put in every day to ensure we are providing the best possible care for our most vulnerable populations. Whether it is through our unique maternal and infant health programs, or hands-on care from our community health workers, we are committed to helping our members live happy and healthy lives.”
In the rankings released from MDHHS, plans were rated using a scale of apples, with four apples indicating an “above average” performance when compared to the average of all Michigan Medicaid health plans. Priority Health earned an overall rating of four apples based on performance in the following categories:
- Doctors’ communication and service: Priority Health members feel doctors spend time with them and their children. They connect well with members. They use virtual care options for faster answers and quick care when needed.
- Getting care: No-cost services make sure members have access to in-person care. Members also have virtual options.
- Keeping kids healthy: Children in the plan get regular checkups and important vaccines that help protect them against serious illness.
- Living with illness: The plan brings care to the homes of members with chronic illness–from testing supplies mailed to members with diabetes to visiting families with asthma to check their home for triggers.
- Taking care of women: Women in the plan are provided with pre- and post-natal care to improve health for both mom and baby. It also joins with media to help increase early screenings completed for cancers.
Priority Health was recently recognized as a top performer by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for its accredited Medicaid, Medicare and commercial health plans. In NCQA’s Medicare Health Plan Ratings 2022, the company’s Medicare HMO/POS and PPO plans each received 4.5 stars (out of 5), making them the top-rated Medicare plans in Michigan and among the highest-rated plans in the nation. In a separate rating, Priority Health’s Medicare plans recently received a historic 5-star rating – the highest possible – from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
This news comes during the open enrollment period (OEP), taking place now through January 15 and the annual enrollment period (AEP) for Medicare, taking place now through December 7. Shop plans.
About Priority Health:
With over 30 years in business, Priority Health is the second largest health plan in Michigan, offering an extensive portfolio of health benefits options for employer groups and individuals, including Medicare and Medicaid plans. Serving more than 1.3 million members each year and offering a broad network of primary care physicians in Michigan, Priority Health continues to be recognized as a leader for quality, customer service, transparency and product innovation. Learn more about affordable, quality health coverage options from Priority Health.