Priority Health receives IABC Detroit Beacon Award for Best Integrated Communications Campaign
(DETROIT, Mich.—December 8, 2022) Priority Health is pleased to announce its “Priority Health for Good on the Road” campaign earned the International Association of Business Communicators’ (IABC) Detroit Beacon Award for best integrated communications campaign. The integrated marketing campaign, creative and social media content stood out among several other entries and will be recognized at an awards ceremony in Detroit December 8.
Priority Health for Good is Priority Health’s promise to improve health equity through advocacy, employee citizenship and investing in the community. The Priority Health for Good on the Road campaign brings awareness to health inequity issues across Michigan such as affordability, racial unrest, social determinants of health, behavioral challenges due to COVID-19 and maternal/infant health.
From June to October 2021, Priority Health for Good, in partnership with MLive, traveled across Michigan to find organizations addressing health equity in the state, documenting the journey via video and social media. Throughout this campaign, Priority Health invested $440,000 in Detroit, Traverse City and Grand Rapids, establishing partnerships addressing issues like digital inclusion, mental health, healthy activity, and maternal/infant health. Some of the ways Priority Health invested in communities to combat these issues included:
- Partnering with the Metro Detroit Diaper Bank to donate 180,000 diapers and 900 sleep sacks to 650+ families.
- Highlighting its statewide partnership with the National Fitness Campaign with the launch of the Highland Park Fitness Court®, a free, outdoor fitness experience, followed by Fitness Court launches in Marysville, Madison Heights, Blair Township and Lansing.
- Purchasing adaptable bikes and establishing programming with Norte, a nonprofit in Traverse City, so children with physical limitations can participate in activities.
- Sponsoring a game day takeover with the West Michigan Whitecaps, donating $5,000 to Special Olympics of Michigan.
- Combating the digital divide during the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic by providing $50,000 to support better internet access in Detroit.
“The ‘Priority Health for Good on the Road’ campaign was rooted in Priority Health’s mission of making health and wellness accessible for all,” said Erin Sullivan, vice president of marketing & customer experience at Priority Health. “The goal was clear: acknowledge the reality of the social determinants of health affecting our communities and find ways for Priority Health to help. This campaign reflects who Priority Health is and has always been—modern, agile and innovative—and always ready to shift alongside our members to protect what matters most.”
Learn more about Priority Health for Good.
For the latest news from Priority Health, visit our online newsroom.
About Priority Health:
With over 30 years in business, Priority Health is the second largest health plan in Michigan, offering an extensive portfolio of health benefits options for employer groups and individuals, including Medicare and Medicaid plans. Serving more than 1.3 million members each year and offering a broad network of primary care physicians in Michigan, Priority Health continues to be recognized as a leader for quality, customer service, transparency and product innovation. Learn more about affordable, quality health coverage options from Priority Health.