Priority Health vendor/supplier information
We value our vendors/suppliers as partners
Thank you for your interest in doing business with Priority Health. Our organizational mission is to improve health, inspire hope and save lives. We strive to achieve this mission through our values of compassion, collaboration, curiosity and courage. These values are outlined in our standards of conduct, the Code of Excellence.
As an affiliate of Corewell Health, we place the utmost importance on the observance of the principles of our Code of Excellence and expect all with whom we do business to conduct themselves accordingly. Corewell Health is committed to compliance with all laws or regulations relating to all health care programs, including but not limited to the state and federal False Claims Acts, fraud and abuse laws, the Stark regulations, or any other laws pertaining to the organization.
Priority Health vendors, suppliers and business partners are required to take and adhere to the requirements of two different types of compliance training:
- General compliance training
- Fraud, waste and abuse training
Training program materials are available below to complete this requirement.
We recognize that some vendors/suppliers have already made an investment in general compliance and fraud, waste and abuse training for their teams that meet regulatory requirements, and these will be considered sufficient. However, those individuals who have physical access or access to our network will be required to take Priority Health general compliance training, fraud, waste and abuse training, DSNP Model of Care, and HIPAA Privacy & Security training, which is deployed annually on an individual basis. Other training may be required, depending on the individual’s role.
Download and review the Medicare Parts C & D General Compliance training and then go to Medicare Parts C & D Fraud, Waste and Abuse training.
Vendors/suppliers who service the Priority Health Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug (MAPD) program
If your work is related to our Medicare program, you may be considered a First Tier, Downstream and Related Entities (FDR) organization. Review the guide for more information.
Learn more about reporting fraud, waste and abuse.
All vendors/suppliers are expected to:
- Be aware of and comply with those procedures which affect the vendor/supplier, and which are necessary to follow the Code of Excellence, including the mandatory duty of all vendors/suppliers to report known or suspected violations of any law or regulation relating to false claims, fraud and abuse, stark regulations, or any other law or regulation pertain to Corewell Health.
- Understand and adhere to all applicable legal standards including those which relate to the vendor/supplier functions for or on behalf of Corewell Health.
- Disclose, prior to performing services on behalf of Corewell Health, any governmental investigation in which the vendor/supplier is, was, or may become involved.
- Agree, in writing, to adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local laws in regulations in performing services for Corewell Health.
- Disclose and promptly notify Corewell Health if the vendor/supplier, managing partners or owners with more than 5% ownership become excluded from participation in any state and/or federal healthcare programs.
- Immediately remove any of its employees or agents who are or become excluded from participation in any state and/or federal healthcare programs from working directly or indirectly with or for Corewell Health
- Take additional actions as required to address known or potential compliance issue during negotiations and throughout the vendor/supplier's relationship with Corewell Health
Policies that impact vendors/suppliers
- Priority Health Compliance Program
- Fraud, waste and abuse policy
- Federal and state laws related to fraud, waste and abuse
- Gifts, meals and entertainment policy
- Supplier representatives policy
- Harassment free workplace
- Regulatory screenings: Excluded individuals, entities, debarment, OFAC
- Travel and expense reimbursement policy
- Vendor endorsement policy
Corewell Health is committed to building a comprehensive and innovative supplier diversity program to align with our mission, vision, and values.
Learn more about Corewell Health's commitment to supplier diversity and complete the supplier registration request form.
Purchase orders and invoicing
Issuance of purchase orders
Purchase orders can be issued via electronic data interchange (EDI), email or phone.
Purchase order number and layout
Workday purchase order numbers will follow a consistent "PO-1XXXXX" format and the company will be present on the purchase order.
Purchase order requirement
Corewell Health will require a purchase order for all financial transactions. In the event a transaction is considered an “exception” to the new policy, the invoice will require additional information (see “Invoice Requirements” below).
Supplier will use the SHAPinvoices@spectrumhealth.org to submit invoices, for both PO and non-PO related invoices. Only one invoice per attachment will be admitted and multiple attachments will be accepted per submission. This inbox is for invoices only. Invoice submission by mail will no longer be accepted
The purchase order must be listed and identified clearly on the invoice
If the invoice is deemed an exception to the required purchase order policy referenced above and is considered a "non-PO invoice," the invoice must include:
- Corewell Health requisitioner name
- Corewell Health cost center
- Corewell Health spend category
This information can be obtained from your Corewell Health representative
Failure to supply information will result in non-payment of this invoice.
As of June 14, 2023, Corewell Health strongly recommends individuals be up to date on COVID-19 vaccines, but the COVID-19 vaccine will not be required for site visits. This COVID-19 vaccination policy change continues to align with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the recently adjusted requirements from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.