Priority Health Medicare plans offer nutrition education as a supplemental benefit
Priority Health Medicare plans offer nutrition education as a supplemental benefit to all members. It includes up to 6 half-hour classes or counseling sessions in-home or in an outpatient setting provided by a registered dietitian, if recommended by a physician.
When nutrition education is payable
When billed by:
- Participating hospitals/facilities: Report with revenue code 0942 on the UB04.
- Participating home care agencies: Report with revenue code 0589 on the UB04.
- Registered dietitians billing under the supervising physician in the provider office setting: Report with the AE modifier.
- Health departments
- S9452: Nutrition classes, non-physician provider, per session
- S9470: Nutritional counseling, dietician visit
Go to Procedures & services > Medical/surgical > Nutrition education for more information.