Refer your eligible patients to the Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP)
The Maternal Infant Health Program is the largest home visiting program for Medicaid-eligible pregnant women and infants. The program supplements regular prenatal and infant care and assists health care providers in managing their patient’s health and well being.
We strongly encourage you to share information about this program with their eligible Medicaid patients.
MIHP provides both prenatal and postpartum home visitation support and care coordination. Enrolled women receive a prenatal visit within their first trimester or within 42 days of enrollment and a postpartum visit on or between 21-56 days after delivery.
The program includes:
- Services provided by a Registered Nurse and Licensed Social Worker
- Evidence-based, comprehensive maternal and infant risk identifiers
- Determination of maternal or infant risks
- Possible use of a Registered Dietitian, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and/or Infant Mental Health specialist
- Standardized education, interventions and care planning
- Communication and coordination with Medicaid providers and Medicaid health plans, like Priority Health
- A statewide database for risk identifiers and discharge summaries
- A case management approach
Priority Health diaper incentive program
Priority Health members who participate in MIHP can get two free bags of Cuties™ diapers for attending their postpartum visit.
How does it work?
We partner with J&B Medical Supply to deliver these diaper packages to our members. J&B calls members after their postpartum visit to set up orders and deliveries. All our members have to do is choose a size. Members who can’t be reached by phone will receive a postcard.
Once members participate in the diaper incentive program, they’ll be eligible for additional diaper discounts with J&B by using a Priority Health discount code.
If you’d like to share information about our diaper incentive program with your Priority Health Medicaid patients who participate in MIHP, you can download and share our Diaper Incentive flyer.
For more information about MIHP, visit our Medicaid member center. You can also find information on the State of Michigan’s website, or by contacting MIHP at 833.644.6447.