Well-child visits: Ages 18-21 years
As you enter adulthood, you should still see your doctor once a year for a preventive care visit. This may be the time to switch from your pediatrician to a Primary Care Physician (PCP) for continued care.
Michigan residents age 12 and older are eligible. We recommend that you get a vaccine to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Schedule your vaccine based on the county you live in.
- You pay $0. The vaccine, including the first and second dose, is covered. See details.
Are your immunizations up to date?
Shots aren’t just for kids. Check out our Preventive Health Care Guidelines or ask your doctor.
BMI: What’s your number?
Body mass index (BMI) tells whether or not your weight is right for your height. It also gives an idea of how much body fat you have and assesses your risk of someday developing diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and some cancers.
Navigating the real world
What lies ahead for your future? Are you headed out into the workforce, planning on attending college or joining the military? With new responsibilities can come new hurdles. It’s normal to have feelings of anxiety, nervousness and stress from time to time. Which is why it’s important to make smart decisions for you and your future.
Here are some tips to develop healthy habits and help you manage any feelings of uneasiness.
- A balanced life is a healthy life. Make sure to get plenty of sleep and exercise. Additionally, making positive food choices can help give you the energy you need to be successful in all areas of your life.
- Practice self-care in all aspects of your life, including your physical, mental and sexual health.
- Avoiding substances that have a long-lasting negative effect on the body such as alcohol, drugs or tobacco.
- Thinking positive can go a long way during times of uncertainty. Set positive goals and develop a plan to help reach them.
- You’re not alone. We encourage you to talk with people who care, such as family and friends, when you’re feeling down.
If your feelings of anxiety don't seem to go away, talk to your doctor about getting support.
Looking for a new primary care doctor (PCP)?
Log in to your member account to use our Find a Doctor tool to find the best fit.
Want a ride to or from your appointment ?
Or want to be reimbursed if you drive yourself? Learn more about how to use our transportation services.
Where can I find more information?
Please reference the Member Handbook and Certificate of Coverage for more detailed information.
- Medicaid Certificate of Coverage and Member Handbook
- Healthy Michigan Plan Certificate of Coverage and Member Handbook
Have a question? We're here to help.
Contact Customer Service:
888.975.8102 (TTY 711)
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m. - noon