Free care for a healthy pregnancy
From family planning to pregnancy to birth, Priority Health is here to help you every step of the way. As a Medicaid member, you have access to a lot of great programs and benefits for both you and your baby.
Maternal Infant Health Program
The Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) is a free pre and postnatal program to help you have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. The MIHP is free for Medicaid members and provides regular in-home visits by a nurse, nutritionist or social worker. MIHP services include:
- Free transportation to doctor appointments, WIC and childbirth/parent education classes
- In-home nurse visits
- Help getting prenatal care
- Answers to your questions about pregnancy and caring for your baby
- Help with health problems that could affect your pregnancy
- And much more
To learn more and to locate a MIHP provider near you, visit michigan.gov/mihp.
Infant mortality: Know the facts
- Michigan's infant mortality rate is higher than the national average.
- African-Americans and Caucasian populations experience large differences in infant mortality rates.
- Programs like the MIHP aim to reduce Michigan's infant mortality rate by providing expecting mothers and their children with the support they need for healthy pregnancies and healthy infants.
- You can learn more about Michigan's plan to reduce the rate of infant mortality at michigan.gov/infantmortality.
Pregnancy dental benefits
As of July 1, 2018, your Medicaid plan now offers dental care during pregnancy. Pregnant members can now see dentists who are a part of the Delta Dental EPO network and may also receive transportation to and from dental appointments. If you're pregnant or become pregnant and want to receive dental services, make sure to do the following:
- Notify Priority Health Choice, Inc. of your pregnancy and due date by calling Customer Service at 888.975.8102 (TTY users call 711)
- Notify your caseworker of your pregnancy and due date
Whether you're looking to grow your family or prevent pregnancy, your plan has options for you. Your Medicaid plan includes family planning services like doctor visits, medical exams, pregnancy testing, birth control counseling and birth control methods such as condoms, birth control pills, foams, etc. It also includes testing for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and HIV/AIDS, as well as education and counseling. Talk to your doctor about your options and contact us if you become pregnant to discuss your pre and postnatal care.