New programs help make prenatal care easier
Expecting a baby? Check out these new programs designed to make it a little easier for moms-to-be to receive the prenatal care they need for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.
Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP)
Need help getting prenatal care, transportation to doctor’s appointments and more? Check out the Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP). The MIHP is a free program offering regular in-home visits by a nurse, nutritionist or social worker to help women have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.
MIHP services include:
- FREE transportation to doctor's appointments, WIC and childbirth/parent education classes
- Help getting prenatal care
- Answers to your questions about pregnancy and caring for your baby
- Help with health problems that could affect your pregnancy
- And much more
There is no referral needed to join this program. Simply select a provider from the list of agencies that participate in the MIHP program at michigan.gov/mihp.
Centering Pregnancy: A new option for prenatal care
Ask questions and learn about pregnancy in a comfortable group setting with Centering Pregnancy, a new prenatal care option for expectant mothers in West Michigan. Centering Pregnancy brings a small group of women, who are due at the same time, together with a provider for their prenatal care. This personal setting helps women discuss common pregnancy concerns, breastfeeding and infant care as a group with a provider.
Learn from other pregnant women and be better prepared for all stages of your pregnancy. This option is helpful for both first-time Moms and those who would like a refresher. To participate in this new program or for details, call 616.391.2160.
In this issue
- Renew your Medicaid eligibility
- Virtual care: Get care when you need it
- Annual care: Complete your HRA and a checkup
- ER, urgent care, PCP: Where to turn when you need care
- Surprising facts about e-cigarettes
- Free preventive care
- New programs make prenatal care easier
- Prescription drug abuse & safety
- Need a ride? We can help.
- Family planning options + focus on chlamydia
- Get rewarded for a lead poisoning screening
- Important health reminders
- Understanding your plan
- Contact Customer Service & keep us updated