Traveling this summer? Don't leave home without the Assist America app
Whether you're loading up the car and heading on a family road trip this summer, or going on your dream vacation through Europe, don't forget to add Assist America® to your packing list!
It can be stressful planning a trip, especially when traveling outside of the country. While a medical emergency may not be on your mind, we want you to be prepared, just in case. That's why we've made sure that you have extra support included in your health plan wherever you go, with Assist America, the nation's largest provider of global emergency medical services.
As a Priority Health member, you can rest assured if an accident or emergency were to happen while traveling more than 100 miles from home, you and your dependents have 24/7 assistance at a moment's notice.
A single phone call to Assist America puts their vast network of resources in motion on your behalf for any travel emergency. And there's no additional cost to you or your family for using their services.
Medical services provided by Assist America
- Immediate contact with clinicians
- Prompt medical care when you need it
- Immediate admission to a fully qualified hospital
- Expert monitoring of your condition for as long as you need it
Non-medical services provided by Assist America
- Return of lost luggage and assistance with replacement of travel documents
- Retrieval of vehicles or other valuable property left stranded by your medical situation
- Pre-trip information (visa requirements, immunization regulations and more)
Download the free app
Prepare for your next trip by downloading the Assist America mobile app available on the App Store and Google Play and receive immediate access to information and services. Or visit assistamerica.com to learn more.
Assist America is not available to Medicare members.
In this issue
New at Priority Health
- Traveling this summer? Don't leave home without the Assist America app
- School's out, but the doctor's always in
- No appointment needed: Grand Rapids Spectrum Health walk-in clinic
- How to get the most from your employer health plan
- Generic vs. brand-name drugs: Is price the only difference?
- Helping your parents navigate Medicare
Paying for care
- Save for your care with a health savings account (HSA)
- Knowing your costs - make it a routine procedure