Over-the-counter (OTC) allowance and Healthy Savings program
Your PriorityMedicare D-SNP plan includes a $150 quarterly over-the-counter (OTC) allowance through our partner, Healthy Benefits Plus, for you to purchase non-prescription health and wellness products using your OTC card.
Your quarterly OTC balance does not roll over and funds will expire at the end of each calendar quarter on March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31.
Getting started with your OTC card
You'll receive your Healthy Benefits Plus OTC card and welcome packet, including a product catalog with approved items, in the mail within four weeks of enrollment. Your OTC card will be loaded with your first quarter's allowance. You can start buying approved items with your OTC card after your plan effective date.
If you have not received your card yet or if you need a replacement OTC card, contact Healthy Benefits Plus Customer Service at 833.862.8434 (TTY 711) 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week October – March and Monday through Friday from April – September.
Use your quarterly allowance on hundreds of approved products
Your quarterly allowance is here for you to use on non-prescription health and wellness products so you can effectively manage your health and wellbeing. An example of qualified items include:
- Allergy medications
- Pain relievers
- First aid items
- Oral care
- Digestive health (antacids)
How to shop
There are three ways to shop using your OTC card:
Online or in the Healthy Benefits Plus mobile appGo to Healthy Benefits Plus or download the Healthy Benefits app to log in and shop products. When you’re ready to make a purchase, at check out, choose the gift card option and enter your 17-digit card number and 4-digit security code found on your OTC card.
- Go to the Healthy Benefits Plus store finder at the bottom of the homepage and enter your zip code to find a participating store near you. Visit the participating store to purchase the approved items and scan your OTC card or the Healthy Benefits app at checkout.
Tip: You can use the Healthy Benefits Plus app at the store to scan an item to check if it qualifies as an approved product.
Over the phoneLook up the products you want to order in your product catalog. Next, call Healthy Benefits Plus at 833.862.8434 (TTY 711) to place an order. You’ll provide the item ID for each product you’d like to order for delivery to your home. You will also need to provide your 17-digit card number and 4-digit security code found on the back of your OTC card.
Online and phone orders have free, two-day shipping for your qualified OTC items. If you place an online or phone order for items not included in your OTC benefit, your order may also qualify for free, two-day shipping if it is over $35.
Check your OTC card balance
After you’ve activated your OTC card, you can check your card balance one of three ways:
- Go to healthybenefitsplus.com/phmotc, select Quick Balance Check and enter your 17-digit card number and 4-digit security code. If you’re already logged into your account, your balance will be located on the homepage.
- Download the Healthy Benefits Plus app and log in.
- Call Healthy Benefits Plus at 833.862.8434 (TTY 711).
Healthy Savings program
The Healthy Savings program is included in your OTC benefit. It provides you weekly coupons on certain healthy food items that are automatically added to your OTC card. Through this discount program, you could save money each week on healthy food options such as:
- Fresh produce
- Lean meats
- Beans and more
How to access the Healthy Savings program
New discount offers are available every Sunday. There are three ways you can view the weekly discounts:
- Email: Log in to Healthy Benefits Plus to sign up for the weekly emails. Select Account Settings by clicking your name in the upper right-hand corner of the Healthy Benefits Plus page. Choose Preferences and ensure you have checked the box next to each preferred method of notification. Each weekly email will promote specific discounts on pre-qualified healthy food items.
- Phone: Call Healthy Benefits Plus customer service at 833.862.8434 (TTY 711) to hear the offers for each week.
- Online: Download the Healthy Benefits Plus app or log in to Healthy Benefits Plus and select Grocery Discounts to view eligible items.
Shopping with your Healthy Savings program
You must shop in-store with your OTC card to receive the Healthy Savings program discount benefit.
Once you are in a store, simply choose the products from the qualified discounted offers for that week. Then, go to the check out and have the store clerk scan the barcode printed on the back of your OTC card for immediate savings on all of the promoted items you purchased.