COVID-19: How your health plan can help
Now more than ever it’s important to stay on top of your health—and we can help. Your Medicare plan includes easy-to-use features and benefits to help you stay healthy and stay safe during this time.
Through Dec. 31, 2020, the following new benefits and services are available to you1:
- Screening: Copays, deductibles and coinsurance are waived for screening if a COVID-19 test is ordered or administered as a result.
- Testing: Copays, deductibles and coinsurance are waived for testing and administration of the test if your medical provider orders one.
- Treatment: Copays, deductibles and coinsurance are covered if COVID-19 is the primary diagnosis and you're treated by an in-network provider. Covered treatment may be inpatient or outpatient, however, this does not apply to prescriptions.
- Antibody testing: If deemed medically necessary, your antibody testing is covered at 100%, including the visit.
- $0 in-person primary care visits effective May 1, 2020: Your cost share (copays, deductibles, coinsurance) for in-person primary care visits is waived.
- $0 virtual in-home health assessment: Your no-cost in-home health assessment can now be completed via virtual visit instead of in person.
Effective Jan. 1, 2020, your copay for in-network virtual visits for primary care and specialists is waived and effective Mar. 19, 2020, your copay for in-network behavioral health providers is waived.
- No-cost prescription delivery: Our pharmacy partners CVS, Walgreens and Meijer continue to offer free delivery right to your door with no cost shipping for a limited time. Please check with your pharmacy for details.
- myStrength for mental wellness: You have ongoing access to myStrength at no cost for online emotional support. Activities can help you with coping skills, maintaining inner calm, staying connected while social distancing and much more.2
- Companion care with Papa: Papa connects college students ("Papa Pals") to Medicare members who need assistance with transportation, technology lessons, companionship and other senior services. Papa Pals can also help you grocery shop and deliver your groceries right to your front door. We've expanded our companion care benefit through Papa to all members on our PriorityMedicare Ideal and PriorityMedicare Edge plans. You no longer need to have an in-home health assessment or meet any eligibility requirements to take advantage of this benefit through the end of the year. Companion care with Papa is available virtually over the phone.
- Enhanced dental and vision premium relief: If you purchased our optional enhanced dental and vision package and were enrolled in the month of April, you should have received a COVID premium relief credit on your July invoice. If you paid via electronic funds transfer (EFT), you should have received a credit in July. If you’re on SSA deduction, you will be sent a paper check in the mail to the address we have on file.
Learn more about additional COVID-19 support.
1 Priority Health Medigap members are excluded from $0 COVID-19 coverage and virtual care. More details.
2 Available to all members 13 years old and up.