Finding a routine for a healthy life
Salvador Gutierrez, PharmD, CDCES
Manager of Pharmacy, Clinical Quality Medicare
Managing your care by taking medications as prescribed is one of the best ways for you to stay healthy. This is especially true if you’re managing a chronic condition such as diabetes, hypertension or high cholesterol. With prescription coverage and the right tools for finding medications at the right price, you can feel empowered to manage your condition.
We make it easy for you to get access to the medications you need, with:
- Mail order pharmacy. Get your prescriptions delivered right to your home using our Express Scripts Mail Order pharmacy.
- Preferred pharmacies. Fill prescriptions at any pharmacy in our network and pay less for covered drugs when you use a preferred pharmacy.
- Discounted 90-day supplies. Priority Health Medicare Advantage members pay $0 for a 90-day supply of Tier 1 and Tier 2 drugs when they use mail order. For other drugs, you can usually get up to a 90-day supply for the cost of two and a half copayments using mail order.
When costs may be a concern, you have access to our Cost Estimator. It lets you search prescriptions and see approximately how much you’ll pay, and it offers alternate solutions like mail order or a different pharmacy that could save you money.
How to find consistency with your medications
We know it can be difficult to remember when to take your medication, especially when you have multiple prescriptions. Here are a few tips to help:
- Create a routine. Take your medications at the same time and place every day.
- Set a reminder. Set an alarm clock, watch or smartphone app to remind you when to take your medications each day.
- Use a pill box or medication checklist. Pill boxes are an easy way to organize medication by day or week. Medication checklists can help you remember which medications to take at what time.
- Synchronize prescriptions. Most pharmacies allow you to schedule prescription refills at the same time, so all your medications are ready for pickup at once.
Get more information on your prescription coverage and the Cost Estimator tool.