If you have lost or are losing health coverage due to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) you are not required to submit supporting documentation for proof of loss of coverage to enroll in a MyPriority Individual health plan through your Special Enrollment Period. Explore our unique plan options to make sure you don't go a day without health coverage .

Life changes happen, and when they do your health insurance may have to change, too.

Life happens fast. When smart people, like you, need their own health insurance quickly, they choose a Priority Health plan. Why? Because smart people want affordable copays and free 24/7 non- emergency care that’s just a call or a click away. Our MyPriority plan options are designed to give you control of your health care spending and peace of mind knowing you're covered.

If you experience a major life change, you may be able to change your health insurance plan or buy a new one through a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). See full list of qualifying life events and required documentation below. 

Have questions? Call our enrollment specialists toll-free at 833.604.0219.

What is a Special Enrollment Period (SEP)?

You may still be able to enroll in a health plan if you qualify for a SEP. Qualifying life events vary and in most cases, you have 60 days following a major life event to change your plan or enroll for the first time.

Learn more

young family unpacking moving boxes

Qualifying life events & required documents

  • Marriage
    Marriage certificate
  • Birth of a child
    Birth certificate
  • Adoption
    Adoption papers or placement orders
  • Foster care placement
    Proof of placement
  • Guardianship
    Court order naming legal guardian
  • Moved to a different coverage area
    Proof of new address (new driver's license or rental/mortgage agreement)
  • Gained U.S. citizenship or qualified immigration status
    Copy of citizenship/immigration papers
  • COBRA coverage ending
    Notice from your COBRA administrator
  • Aging off a parent's plan
    Proof of date of birth, copy of driver's license or passport
  • Losing eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP
    Copy of letter from Medicaid or CHIP
  • Death
    Copy of death certificate

How to enroll during a Special Enrollment Period

Follow these steps:

  1. Find a plan and get pricing. 
  2. Make sure you have required proof documents (see above).
  3. Enroll in your plan.

Questions? Call 833.604.0219.

Compare plans & prices