- Free to Priority Health plan members* who are at risk
- A proven way to reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes by as much as 58% - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Led by certified lifestyle coaches
- An evidence-based lifestyle change program recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Priority Health partners with leading health and community organizations throughout the year to provide our members access to the National Diabetes Prevention Program for free.
What's the goal?
To prevent diabetes, you need to make changes. This program can help you achieve two important goals:
- Increase your physical activity to at least 150 minutes each week
- Lose 5-7% of your starting weight
What's the time commitment?
- Meet once a week for an hour for 16 weeks
- Then meet monthly for an hour for six months
Who leads the program?
A certified lifestyle coach helps you and your group:
- Share ideas
- Overcome obstacles
- Support each other
- Stay motivated
What will we talk about?
Get ideas and motivation to:
- Eat healthy and track your food intake
- Overcome stress and learn coping skills
- Increase your physical activity
Who should join?
Enroll in this free program if you're:
- A Priority Health member
- Age 18 or older
And if you've been diagnosed with pre-diabetes and have:
- A BMI over 24
- Fasting blood sugar between 100-125 mg/dl
- A1c between 5.7% and 6.4%
- Two-hour blood sugar between 140-199 mg/dl
Or if you're at risk for developing diabetes and have:
- A BMI over 24
- A family history of type 2 (adult onset) diabetes
- High blood pressure
- A sedentary lifestyle - physically active less than three times a week
- Had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes)
*Free to members of group employer plans, individual MyPriority plans, and Medicare plans.