Switch to generic cholesterol drugs to save
(Grand Rapids, Mich. - May 1, 2012)
There are money-saving options for cholesterol-lowering medications. If you take one of these brand name drugs, you may be able to spend less by switching to the generic version.
|Crestor or Vytorin
|Trilipix, Lofibra or Antara
Generics are safe and effective, and they can make managing your cholesterol more affordable.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ensures that generics are equivalent to brand-name drugs.
- Generic cholesterol-lowering drugs cost up to $1,000 less per year than brand name drugs.
- You can change your mind. If you find the generic doesn’t work as well as your current prescription, you may switch back.
Ask your doctor if these generics are right for you.
If you have questions, please contact Customer Service by email or phone.
- By email, use our secure email form. We'll reply by the end of the next business day.
- By phone, call the number on the back of your Priority Health ID card. We're available Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to noon (Eastern Time).