Request reviews/Appeal denied claims
Medicare reviews and Level I appeals
Medicare has a separate process. Go to the Medicare page for reviews and Level I appeals.
Commercial and Medicaid/Healthy Michigan Plan reviews
Before you can file a Level I appeal, you need to ask us to review the claim.
If you have an online account (fastest response):
- Log in, then use the Claims Inquiry tool to locate the claim.
- From the Remittance Advice (claim detail) screen, click Email Provider Services. Within one business day, we will email you the inquiry reference number.
- A provider reimbursement analyst will respond to your inquiry within 5-7 business days.
- If your inquiry requires investigation by another department, we will notify you within the 5-7 business days.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the informal review, you may file a Level I appeal.
If you don't have an online account:
In all emails, include:
- Claim number
- Member contract number
- Member name
- Member DOB
- Inquiry reference number, once we email it to you
For more help, see our Documentation page.