Life changes happen, and when they do your health insurance may have to change too.

For most, health plan changes can only occur during the Open Enrollment Period. But if you experience a major life change, you may be able to change your plan or buy a new one through a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). See a full list of qualifying life events and required documentation below.

Choose one of these plan options to learn more and get a quote

Qualifying life events & required documents

  • Marriage
    Marriage certificate
  • Birth of a child
    Birth certificate
  • Adoption
    Adoption papers or placement orders
  • Foster care placement
    Proof of placement
  • Guardianship
    Court order naming legal guardian
  • Moved to a different coverage area
    Proof of new address (new driver's license or rental/mortgage agreement)
  • Gained U.S. citizenship or qualified immigration status
    Copy of citizenship/immigration papers
  • COBRA coverage ending
    Notice from your COBRA administrator
  • Aging off a parent's plan
    Proof of date of birth, copy of driver's license or passport
  • Losing eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP
    Copy of letter from Medicaid or CHIP
  • Death
    Copy of death certificate

How to enroll during a Special Enrollment Period

Follow these steps:

  1. Find a plan and get pricing. 
  2. Make sure you have required proof documents (see above).
  3. Enroll in your plan.

Questions? Call 833.604.0219.

Compare plans & prices