Learn about our MPSERS Medicare plan
Every year more Michigan Public School Employee Retirement System (MPSERS) members choose Priority Health...
...and here's why
Get details about your Medicare plan benefits
Find out everything you need to know about Priority Health MPSERS Medicare plans:
Eligibility & enrollment
You become eligible for Medicare when you turn 65 or become permanently disabled.
Here's what to expect in the months leading up to when you turn 65:
- A few months before your birthday, you need to contact Social Security to elect Parts A and B coverage.
- You'll receive your red, white & blue card with your Medicare claim number. Keep this card in a safe place.
- We'll call or send you a letter in the mail asking for your Medicare information for enrollment in our plan. Watch for this letter! If we don't receive this information from you before the first of the month in which you turn 65, we won't be able to enroll you in the Medicare plan and you may lose your coverage.
- If you have not been contacted to enroll in the Medicare plan, call us at 888.389.6648, option 3.
Here's what to expect if you become disabled:
- If you become eligible for Medicare before age 65 due to disability, contact Priority Health as soon as possible to provide us with your Medicare information.
If you're eligible for Medicare, but your spouse or children are not, don't worry. We can still cover everyone on your plan. We'll enroll you in a Priority Health Medicare Advantage plan. We'll enroll your spouse or child in the non-Medicare coverage (an HMO plan).