Enrolling in the MPSERS HMO plan
All new enrollment or plan changes must be completed online using miAccount on the Office of Retirement Services (ORS) website.
Have questions specific to enrollment?
- Visit the ORS website to learn more about enrollment
- Contact the ORS at 517.322.5103 in the Lansing area or toll-free at 800.381.5111.
What to expect when you enroll
- Your Priority Health coverage begins the first of the NEXT full month after you submit your enrollment request to the retirement system.
Example: If you submit your enrollment request mid-May, coverage begins July 1.
- The retirement system will make the enrollment changes in their system, and the forward your enrollment request to Priority Health so that we can get you signed up. Once your enrollment is processed, Priority Health will mail new membership ID cards and member materials to your home.
- You can enroll at any time during the year.
- Per retirement system rules, you must stay in an insurance plan for at least six (6) months before switching.
- Your dental coverage and vision coverage will not change if you enroll in Priority Health or switch medical coverage.
- Your monthly premium deduction from your pension is the same whether you choose Priority Health or Blue Cross Blue Shield.