Cough, cold, flu got you down and out?
The flu can knock you down for days without warning. It’s easy to come into contact with during the fall and winter months.
If the cold or flu finds you this season, don’t reach for the car keys. You can now see a doctor 24 hours a day using MedNow virtual care, all from the comfort of your own home.
Tips to stay healthy:
- Get your seasonal flu shot
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- Avoid contact with people who have flu-like symptoms
- Get plenty of rest
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
When recovering from the flu
- Stay home while sick for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone
- Do not visit the hospital or other medical facilities unless you are seeking medical care
- It will take anywhere from 5-10 days for the flu virus to run its course
Call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room if you have any of these symptoms:
- Sudden dizziness, numbness or paralysis, difficulty speaking or loss of consciousness
- Chest pain, radiating pain or palpitations with dizziness or shortness of breath, sweating, nausea or vomiting
- Severe abdominal pain