Choice vs. Standard levels
Everyone begins at the Choice level of copays, deductibles and coinsurance. To keep this level, you must meet your plan requirements within 90 days of the plan's effective date.
If you don't meet requirements within the 90-day qualification period, you move to the Standard level, which has higher copays, deductibles and coinsurance.
Both you and your spouse (if applicable) must meet the requirements in order to receive Choice level. Children don’t need to meet the requirements; they'll be covered at the parents' level.
Requirements for Choice level
Your (and your spouse, when applicable) must meet these requirements: Complete the online health assessment and meet the criteria for three health indicators. Visit your doctor and have them document that you meet these criteria.
The health indicator criteria
- No tobacco use of any kind
- Body mass index (BMI) under 30
- Blood pressure under 140/90
If you don't meet the three criteria
You can still qualify for the Choice level if, in the same 90-day window, your doctor submits the HealthbyChoice Incentives qualification form showing you have:
- Completed a fasting cholesterol test (requires lab testing)
- Completed a fasting blood sugar test (requires lab testing)
- Agreed to follow the doctor's treatment plan
Online health assessment
A fast and easy way for you to gauge your health.
- You can easily identify health issues you need to work on and receive recommendations for improving your health.
- You can update your assessment any time to track your progress toward health goals.
- Your health assessments results and participation level will not be shared.
Keeping Choice level
After 90 days, if you and your spouse have met the wellness criteria will you maintain Choice level for the remainder of the plan year. If you didn't, you are automatically transferred to the Standard level.
At the next enrollment date, your benefit status carries over for the first 90 days of the new plan year. During this 90-day period, you and your spouse have the opportunity to qualify, or requalify, for the Choice level of out-of-pocket costs.
- For further instructions, see our HealthbyChoice Incentives overview