Help avoid fraud, waste and abuse
Our compliance program helps us detect and prevent fraud, waste and abuse, which contributes to rising health care costs. You can help by:
- Checking your medical bills and claim activity summaries to make sure you were only charged for services you received
- Never giving your social security number, health plan information or banking information to someone you don’t know
- Knowing that free services do not require you to give your plan number to anyone
If you have questions, or if you suspect fraud or abuse, tell us. You don’t have to give your name, address or phone number. Contact us in the way that’s most convenient for you:
- Call Customer Service at 800.446.5674, Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. or Saturday 8:30 a.m. – noon.
- Call our Compliance Department at 800.942.0954, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Call the Compliance Helpline at 800.560.7013. This third-party organization is open 24 hours a day, and they’ll report your concern to us.
- Use the Fraud, Waste and Abuse Report form.
- Contact us by mail at Fraud and Abuse Program, MS 3175, 1231 E. Beltline NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525 or fax 616.942.7916